Re: tlug: Pointing devices

tlug note from Ken Schwarz <kls@example.com>
> Anybody have recommendations?  My computer desk doesn't have enough
> real estate to support a proper mouse at the moment, and I think I
> prefer the trackball anyway.  But I'm willing to listen to
> recommendations on mice.

On mice at least, it's not dirt on the ball which causes trouble so
much as a buildup of grime on the two axle rollers which contact it.
You have to use a fingernail or the shirt pocket clip end of a pen cap
to scrape it off.  Then the mouse is good as new!  (Rolls smoother,
too).

PS. My mousepad is not much more than 5x5 inch square.  How much more
could that be than a desktop track ball?

Good luck,

- Ken

PSS:  Hey, I've answered a question for a change! :0)