Re: tlug: SparcLinux

tlug note from gaijin@example.com (John Little)
%
% I can't seem to get it to boot. There is just an endless cascade of
% ARP/RARP send failed messages and it never gets to a login. I've
% never work on a Sun before so I'm probably not doing something I'm
% supposed to, but what?
%

Jim,

   Steve's instructions got you up and running and here's the poop on
   making sure that it always tries to boot from disk instead of the
   net'.

   Halt your system and get back to the "ok" prompt (use "n" from the
   old-mode ">" prompt).

   Use "printenv" to get a listing of the NVRAM settings. There should
   be one called either "boot-from" or "boot-device" (depending upon
   your boot PROM revision).

   Use "setenv boot-from disk3" to permanently set the default boot to
   the disk.

   One other thing to look out for when you're doing this is the "diag"
   flag. If this is set to true the system will boot from the
   "diag-device" instead of the "boot-from" default. You can either set
   the "diag" flag to false or set the "diag-device" parameter to point
   to the same disk as your "boot-from" parameter.

			-John-