tlug: Sparc Linux Working

tlug note from "C. Oda" <craig@example.com>
I had a great time at the meeting.  I especially want to thank
John Little for an incredible amount of work on his part.  Andy
Howell supplied the place and went through a lot of work to host
the meeting.  Alberto Tomita helped to bring the equipment over
in his car.  Joe and Andy donated refreshments.

It's amazing how much work people contribute to these events.
I received my Sparc from the takyubin today and it is working
fine running Linux.  Right now I'm using an Intel based Linux
machine to write this e-mail since I don't have a AUI ethernet
to 10-BaseT adapter.  I'll be on the net in a few days.
X is working fine.  I disabled gpm at boot and have put sendmail
on a holiday.  The sendmail was looking for the network at boot
time and I got tired of waiting for it to time out.  I can't get
emacs to work.  For some reason it just doesn't appear on the
screen.  Maybe I need to install some library or something.
vi is working.

Thanks again to everyone!

Regards,
Craig

"Knowledge is the air and light of civilization.  Transform it and you
transform all else."
Craig Oda 	craig@example.com
TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System,
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
Main Reception: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096
Customer Service: 3351-5481   Corporate Sales/Support: 3351-8452