Re: tlug: Fw: M$ IIS. Need Comments

tlug note from Anil <anil@example.com>
I just looked at O'reilly's home page where they talk about
the technical differences between NTserver and Workstation:
In WNT3.51 you can tweak *one* item in the registry
In WNT4.0 you have to tweak *2* items in the registry to convert
your NTWorkstation into being a server!
For doing this tweaking M$$ charge $800 difference!

Check it out! (www.ora.com -? I think)

Anil
---------------
On Wed, 29 Jan 1997, Petras Petroskevicius wrote:

> ----------
> > From: Petras Petroskevicius <petras@example.com>
> > To: darren@example.com
> > Cc: Petras
> > Subject: M$ IIS  Need Comments
> > Date: Wednesday, January 29, 1997 11:09 AM
> >
> > I need more time to see, but it seams that IIS 3.0 *and possibly even IIS
> > 1.0 does usage of CGI on it incredibly difficult:
> >
> >     - "CGI scripts that manipulate files in directories other than where
> >       the CGI script is executed will not run correctly if the CGI script
> >       references virtual directory aliases rather than the full path to
> >       the file" (see http://www.microsoft.com/kb/articles/q151/9/63.htm).
> >
> >       Make all site hard coded to particular disk configuration??????????
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Petras
> > petras@example.com

	Anil Bhatia
	3-10-19 Shimo Shinjo, Nakahara ku, Kawasaki Shi, Japan T211
	Tel:044 798 5401
	Fax:044 798 7665