Re: tlug: Looking for Meeting place for Saturday Meeting

tlug note from "Andrew S. Howell" <andy@example.com>

    John> --------------------------------------------------------
    John> tlug note from gaijin@example.com (John Little)
    John> -------------------------------------------------------- % %
    John> I can bring a 10BaseT hub, or , what-cha-callit, AUI hub....
    John> %

    John>    All of the systems are 15-pin D-type, old style
    John> connectors (sorry, I put "10Base-15" instead of "10Base-5"
    John> in my previous email).  My hub will only deal with 5 of
    John> those.

    John>    I might be able to borrow some 10Base-5 to 10Base-T
    John> adapters from work, just for the afternoon. How many ports
    John> on your 10Base-5 hub, Andrew? Does it have a 10Base-5 port,
    John> too?

I've got some 8 port 15pin AUI ( 10Base-5 ? ) hubs, as well as some 8
port twisted pair, which also have 1 AUI connector. Twisted pair cable
is no problem, but I'll need to dig a bit to find the AUI drop
cables. I know we should have a bunch, its just locating the right
box...

I've also have about 5 tranceivers, so one way or another, we should
be able to connect everything up...

Andy