tlug: Re: mule-canna source site

tlug note from "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com>

    Craig> I'm not sure where Stephen got the mule source from, but

The new mule is available at
anonymous@example.com:/pub/mule/.notready.  I also saw it
somewhere else recently but don't recall where now, maybe
ftp.lab.kdd.co.jp/GNU/mule/... (that directory may be inexact).

    Craig> there was a note to a mule-canna site in the Debian
    Craig> distribution doc.  It looks like there is a patch for emacs

It definitely is a patch to mule; I got it from

    Craig> prep.gnu:/gnu/emacs-19.34b.tar.gz (mule)
    Craig> ftp.jaist.ac.jp:/pub/gnu/mule/.alpha/mule-23-1934-alpha01.diff.gz

and built it; it works as advertised.  I need to free up some space
and then I will install it, but I really would prefer something that
uses XIM as kinput2 is very nice (Craig, have you noticed that you can
select from the kanji window using the mouse as well?  If you convert
"kan" or "shin" this can be worthwhile!) and would allow me to use the
institute's jserver (they're planning to upgrade to Wnn6 which
supposedly has a lot of goodies).

I'm currently trying to figure out whether emacs actually uses XIM or
just pretends to....  Sigh

Steve

--
                            Stephen J. Turnbull
Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences                    Yaseppochi-Gumi