jserver socket permissions

I'm running Wnn and jserver from a recent Linux JE distribution.

At system init I have jserver come up automatically by adding
the following line in my rc.local file:

 if [ -f /usr/local/bin/Wnn4/jserver ]; then
    /usr/local/bin/Wnn4/jserver
 fi

Jserver then automatically creates a socket in /tmp.

srwxr-xr-x   1 root     root            0 Jan 13 22:32 jd_sockV4=

As can be seen from the permissions above, only root can write
to the socket.  I can solve this by changing the permissions
to 1777.  However, I was wondering if this was a security problem
or not.  I guess I can simply add the lines

if [ -f /tmp/jd_sockV4 ]; then
	chmod 1777 /tmp/jd_sockV4
fi

to the  rc.local file...  Any ideas?

I'm planning If the permissions are automatically set to 1755, it
must be a problem for other people too, right?