Japanese Input on Mule

> From: "A.Tomita,Jr." <alberto@example.com>
> I'm using Emacs with Wnn+Egg, and by typing "ten" I get the dot.

Awesome.  This worked great for me.  Any other tricks or
hints on where to get documentation on this.  I also
want to play with the other special characters such as
stars while I'm at it.
$B%/%l%C%0!&>.ED(B

Is there any way to make the change from katakana-
hiragana- kanji easier?

To begin input, I type in C-\

Then the little hiragana a $B$"(B appears in the lower left
hand side of the screen.  To switch to hiragana, I then
type ESC C-k while I'm in the fence.  Then I get the
little katakana a $B%"(B.  At this point I can type
$B%/%l%C%0(B.  However, to get to the ten, I have to press
return, then start another fence, then switch to hiragana
with ESC C-h, then type in ten to get the dot $B!&(B.  After
I switch to hiragana, my last name $B>.ED(B is no problem.

BTW, Happy New Year!

The other thing I'm wondering about is usage of zenkaku
$B#T#h#i#s!!#i#s!!#z#e#n#k#a#k#u(B.  or hankaku English
in Japanese text.  For example, is it better to use.

$B$3$K$A$O>.ED$G$9!#(Blinux kernel 2.0.27$B$K$D$$$FCN$j$?$$$3$H(B

or

$B$3$K$A$O>.ED$G$9!##l#i#n#u#x!!#k#e#r#n#e#l!!#2!%#0!%#2#7(B

I've seen both methods on the Internet.  Personally, I
would prefer to use hankaku since it takes up less space.

yoi toshi wo

-- Craig