Re: Printing Japanese

> Anyway, I'm able to print Japanese docs under Linux, so I'm going
> to stop now.  The lack of lpd working is really annoying, but
> shoganai.

Okay, I didn't stop.... However, I still can't print...

I've a bit more information about my problem, just in case
anyone was wondering...

     ----------------

Hello,

I am unable to print using lpr.  I can print if I cat to /dev/lp1.

  $ cat test.ps > /dev/lp1

will work.

However,

  $ lpr -Pmyprinter test.ps

will result in the file being queued, but not being printed.

An lpq gives me:

[root@example.com /etc]# lpq
waiting for lp to become ready (offline ?)

Rank   Owner      Job  Files                                 Total Size
1st    craig      5    (standard input)                      285 bytes

[root@example.com /etc]# lpc status myprinter
myprinter:
        queuing is enabled
        printing is enabled
        7 entries in spool area
        waiting for lp to become ready (offline ?)

[root@example.com /etc]# cat printcap
# /etc/printcap
#
lp|myprinter|laserwriter:\
:lp=/dev/lp1:\
:sd=/var/spool/lpd/myprinter:\
:lf=/var/spool/lpd/myprinter/errs:\
:if=/var/spool/lpd/myprinter/input_filter:\
:mx#0:\
:sh:\
:sf:

Even though my printcap specifies spooling to /var/spool/lpd/myprinter,
the files are getting spooled to /var/spool/lpd

Also, the .seq is getting written to /var/spool/lpd/ instead of
/var/spool/lpd/myprinter

It looks like it is ignoring my printcap or something...

Does anyone have any ideas?