Re: Evaporation of Netscape+Java

On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Craig Oda wrote:

> I use both Netscape Gold 3.0 and Netscape 3.0 with the libc fix.
> I think Jim Schweizer had this same problem with the Java crashes.

  I can't imagine why I had that bizarre problem trying the libc fix
with Netscape Gold (perhaps the moons of Jupiter were aligned wrong
or something).  When I tried Netscape 3.0 again for the first time in
a while, I found that Java seemed to work fine (without the libc fix -
just using standard /lib/libc.so.5.3.12).  Specifically, for example,
running /usr/local/java/demo/UnderConstruction/example1.html no longer
causes Netscape to evaporate as the java app starts up.

  Speaking of which, has anyone figured out why the sound in these
apps works fine when they're run by the JDK appletviewer, but not at
all when Netscape runs them?  Is there a fix?

  The cnprint program Craig mentioned the other day looks like just the
tool I've been looking for.  Hope to try it out tomorrow.

Dennis McMurchy,
Tojinmachi, Fukuoka