Re: How to crash an operating system...

    Dennis>   BTW, I did just do all the patching to get from 2.0.0 to
    Dennis> 2.0.26 (quite straightforward, isn't it), but it did not
    Dennis> fix my Netscape+Java 'going poof' problem.  I guess I'll
    Dennis> have to dig out that older libc and try Craig's
    Dennis> suggestion.

I seem to have a copy of libc.so.5.0.9 sitting around there with a
fairly recent date; I would guess that means I did the "old libc"
workaround too.  So maybe the kernel upgrade didn't fix it.  Do try
it.  If you can't find another one, you can always look in

http://turnbull.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/public-ftp/linux/packages/System/libc-5.0.9.bin.tar.gz

I can't be sure, I trashed a lot of my personal home directory a while
back with an incautious "rm -rf `find`", and wasn't all that recently
backed up.  So if I was using a script or alias it's gone....  I'm not
a big fan of Java in regular pages, and don't use it at all in general
programming, so I don't see much Java.  In fact, I go days without
firing up Netscape....  (w3.el is a more convenient way to follow most
links from Mule.)

Steve

--
                            Stephen J. Turnbull
Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences                    Yaseppochi-Gumi