Almost painless upgrade to 2.0.26

  Hi all,

  I had one small hitch in upgrading from 2.0.0 to 2.0.26 last night.
It has to do with modules.  I eventually realized that I had to do
a 'make modules' 'make modules_install' as part of the compile.  But that
hasn't taken care of all the problems.

  When I boot up I get the following error messages:
1.      Updating module dependencies for Linuz 2.0.26
	Can't locate module lp
	Can't locate module slip
	Can't locate module ppp
I haven't tested the printer, but I know that slip and ppp are activated at
an earlier stage of the boot, and ppp is usable.  Also there's no reference
to these in /lib/modules/2.0.26/modules.dep .

        Cannot open /lib//modules/misc/iBCS.o
If I make a symbolic link to the existing iBCS.o, then it complains that
it's the 2.0.0 version.

  Why is 'make modules' not taking care of these problems.  What am I
doing wrong?

  I wish I'd written this note last night.  I seem to have spent the whole
night dreaming about this problem over and over and over again, alas without
finding any oneiric inspiration.  I was so engrossed in trying to solve the
problem (in my sleep) that I looked up at the clock at one point and
realized, to my horror, that I'd missed a whole day's work!

Dennis McMurchy,
Tojinmachi, Fukuoka