EDICT and gairaigo or colloquial nihongo

Hi,
I've been really enjoying my little suite of programs
consisting of:
   o  mule
   o  trans
   o  trans.el
   o  EDICT
   o  enamdict
   o  w3 elisp package
   o  gnus
   o  mh  mh-e

I'm starting to read Japanese short stories by loading the
text into mule and flying through it with trans and trans.el
I have 32 megs of RAM and a 166mhz Pentium and I load the enamdict
section of Japanese place and proper names by default.  It is very
satisfying to be able to find the readings of Japanese names.
This is awesome.

I do have some problem reading colloquial Japanese or katakana
words.  I was wondering if there were any dictionaries out
there of colloquial Japanese.  At this point I can get
through technical documents pretty fast because I know the
background information, but I want to be able to read Japanese
stories as a hobby.  The edict and enamdict files are pretty
standard in format so it should be easy to import some dictionary
of conversational Japanese.  I'm sure that someone has already
done it out there????  :-)

========================

Oh, on another subject, I think someone was mentioning that they
couldn't cut and paste Japanese from Netscape into xjdic22.
I can do this okay and I can translate the Japanese fine.
However, I find that even this takes too long after I have tried
mule and trans - trans.el.  I'm becoming a mule lover.  When xemacs
can handle Japanese, I'll be set!

Oh, I saw that Ken Lunde's book in Japanese at Laox in Akihabara
a while ago.

Regards,
Craig