Re: Looking for good Japanese encoding info in Japanese...

    Ken> Hello, Sorry if this is off-topic, but a Japanese colleague
    Ken> is looking for the Japanese translation or equivalent of Ken
    Ken> Lunde's book "Understanding Japanese Information Processing".

If one's Japanese-capable, why not go direct to the source and read
the JIS definitions?  Ha, ha, ha....

I realize your colleague wants an "equivalent" to Lunde's book, but if
he/she will be programming, and can borrow from copyleft code, I would
also recommend looking at the Info tree for Mule (much better in
Japanese than in English; not complaining, mind you, but if you've
only read the English version you might tend to skip it); the other
docs that come with Mule; and the Mule source code, both the C parts
and the Emacs-LISP.  Mule has a number of useful tools (m2ps and a
couple of tools for converting to and from internal Mule format) that
might be of more immediate use than Mule internal routines.

The RFCs and the ISO-2022 standards also contain a lot of useful
information, and many of them have been translated (or are themselves
translations of Japanese originals).  I don't have the relevant RFC
numbers on tap.

None of these sources will be of any help if you need to deal with
proprietary character sets.

--
                            Stephen J. Turnbull
Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences                    Yaseppochi-Gumi