Re: A response from Walnut Creek

Hi all,

>     Jim> Hi all, I recently inquired of Walnut Creek CDROM whether
>     Jim> they had any ides as to why I haven't been able to compile
>     Jim> newer (and older) kernels that recognize my SCSI drives when
>     Jim> they boot. Which versions of libc and gcc should I be using?
>
> GCC 2.7.0 was buggy in the DOS platform (DJGPP); I suggest upgrading
> to 2.7.2 as compiling kernels is a workout.  I don't know that that
> will help, but it's a possibility.

Ok, I ugraded to 2.7.2 and now when I do the make dep ; make clean
I'm getting a zillion ( well, 8 anyway) error messages that I never
saw before:

genksysms "ksyms.c": warning: symbol [do_mmap] unknown 'struct
sem_undo'

and additional similar warnings about sem_queue, minix_super_block,
ext2_super_block, struct sock, struct ip_mc_list, udphdr, and
scsi_disk!

Then when I do a make zImage there are 10 new error messages along
the lines of:

/usr/src/linuxelf-1.2.13/include/asm/io.h:82 inconsistant operand
constraints in an `asm'

Then it dies a horrible death with:

make: *** [init/main.o] Error 1

Now what? Where's the ghost in wormhole?

Thanks,

Jim S.