3.1.2G success

Since I've been griping a bit about not getting X running on
this IBM Aptiva, I thought I could at least let people know
that it DOES work. Not sure if all this is required, but here's
what I have:

Kernel: 2.1.3
X version: X11R6.1 (over 40M d/l altogether)

H/ware: IBM Aptiva H65 (P166 with 48M RAM)
Chipset: ATI 3D-Rage on-board, ID'd as ATI 64GT

SuperProbe gave a slightly different name to the chipset,
which kept the Mach64 server from working. Fortunately,
the server gave a good error message including the correct
chipset ID, and now I'm a happy camper. If I ever get hold
of the data on this Aptiva monitor then I'll be set! So far
IBM's distributor Canon has even balked at providing info.
Right now I'm working with specs from a similar US model
which is probably different from mine, but for now it's
at least workable.

Thanks to the folks who provided tips along the way!

David Riley
Hachinohe Institute of Technology
88-1, Myo, Ohbiraki  Hachinohe-shi  Aomori-ken  031