Re: vi & xterms

    Craig> I'm wondering what everyone is using as their default
    Craig> terminal shell.  I've used rxvt, pxvt, kterm, xterm, and
    Craig> color_xterm.  I'm using kterm now.  I found pxvt convenient
    Craig> on a laptop due to its lower RAM usage.

I don't read so much kanji, except in mail, so I've stuck with the
default.  That's nxterm in the RedHat-3.0.3 X distribution.  I can't
say I'm particularly ecstatic about it.  I mostly use kterm from home
since my DV/X server (never did get Linux working properly on the
StinkPad) blows up if I use more than one kanji font and I haven't
figured out how to keep mule from loading its defaults as well as the
7x14 that is essential for the 640x480 screen.

I found kterm-6.2.0 to be an improvement in a number of areas, but I
forget what they are now.  :-)  Oh, yeah, 6.2.0 repaints kanji
correctly when you change modes on the fly, the version I used
previously did not---you had to restart with the -km flag set
properly.  I probably will shift to kterm as my default, as it's quite
a bit smaller than nxterm (presumably because I've used the NOTEK
option in building it), though not as small as rxvt.  I've not used
pxvt.

Has anybody on the list ever used the Tektronics mode of xterm?

--
                           Stephen John Turnbull
University of Tsukuba                                        Yaseppochi-Gumi