Re: mule and xjdic

	[ snip ]

    Stephen> Umm, it ain't just theory.  Jeff Friedl (famous for his
    Stephen> online dictionary at omron) had a perl script running
    Stephen> which translated the NHK/NTT distributed lists of
    Stephen> deceased from Hanshin Daishinsai, giving all the
    Stephen> reasonable readings in romaji (for all those interested

	[ snip ]

Where is his site?

    Stephen> Anyway, you may be able to get that perl script from his
    Stephen> site, which will tell you how to interface to the edict.
    Stephen> Then you'd have to write some Emacs-LISP, I guess, but
    Stephen> you should be able to do it without cut and paste, just
    Stephen> bind a edict-kanji-region-to-romaji function to some
    Stephen> unused keystrokes....

That sounds much better that what I was thinking. I was thinking of
adding a switch to xjdic to all have it just send the characters,
without the control codes, as I assume that that is what is confusing
emacs. I have not looked at the code though.

    Stephen> Steve "gee, I wish I had time to work on this" Turnbull

Ah yes, the to-many-project-and-not-enough-time-problem. But still, I
ask for more!

Thanks,

	Andy