patched xjdic, LaTeX

Hi,
Andrew Howell was nice enough to post a patch for xjdic so that it
would compile under Linux.

I was unable to patch it properly.  Can someone make the
patched source, binary distribtion, or instructions on
how to apply the patch available?  I've tried applying the
patch to xjdic2.2 with no success.  If I get it working,
I can archive it on our FTP server so others can get it.

Thanks.

                ------------------

I find that I keep coming back to LaTeX and emacs.   I really
enjoy the flexibility.  I tried using LyX 0.10.1, but I
couldn't get the proper emacs keymappings to work.  Even have
success?  I also use MS Word under Windows sometimes, but have
never really enjoyed the experience.

One thing I wanted under LaTeX was the ability to specify a nice
Sans Serif bold font for all headers in the documentclass{article}.
I'm using the RedHat3.0.3 distribution of Linux.  I looked
in /usr/lib/texmf/texmf/tex/latex/base and copied the
article.cls and article.sty files to newarticle.cls and newarticle.sty.
I then edited the fonts that specified the headers.  To my
surprise, it worked.  :-)   I'm always amazed when this
happens.  Emboldened by the success, I searched around and
found some adobe fonts in /usr/lib/texmf/texmf/fonts/tfm/adobe

Just for fun, I played around with a palatino font.
	\begin{document}
	\newfont{\newpalatino}{pplbo8r}

	\newpalatino
	This is a new font
	\normalfont
	\end{document}

Hey, it worked again.  This was enough for one day, so I took a
nap.  However, I was wondering what other TLUGers did about
font specifications in their documents.  Is there some
chart that lists the fonts and matches it with a font sample?

-- Craig

Craig Oda 	craig@example.com
TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System,
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
Main Reception: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096
Customer Service: 3351-5481   Corporate Sales/Support: 3351-8452