Re: Link Colors in Mule w3 mode

    Craig> I started playing around with mule 19.28.1 with the w3 mode
    Craig> to test out Japanese input on WWW pages.  I'm have a
    Craig> problem with links when the colors are specified in HTML.

    Craig> We have this on our home page:
    Craig> <Body BACKGROUND="twics/images/twicsbg2.gif" TEXT="#045381"
    Craig> LINK="#1B14CD" VLINK="#E5002A " ALINK="# 800000">

    Craig> On my mule, the links are unreadable unless I highlight it
    Craig> with my cursor.  I've tried modifying my .Xdefaults file
    Craig> and have not been successful.  If anyone is using mule w3,
    Craig> can you take a look at http://twics.com and see if you can
    Craig> read the links.

Didja ever get this fixed?

Haven't got around to looking at it yet, but I'm not surprised that
.Xdefaults is useless.  Mule controls its colors itself.  Probably
w3-mode defines a "face" for links, and TWICS's style screws it up.
For info on faces, "C-H i memacs RET mfaces RET" should get you what
you need.

It's not good policy to set stuff like that in a page, anyway (IMHO,
of course).  Users should set their own preferences on that stuff.

Steve

--
                           Stephen John Turnbull
University of Tsukuba                                        Yaseppochi-Gumi