Re: new email address

    KT> Well, I goofed.  If anyone tried to email me on
    KT> KTLouise@example.com, you probably bounced...  it's
    KT> KTLouise@example.com  Sorry for the confusion, folks!

    BlauDame> Nah, not our KT goofing!!!!!!!

'Course not.  It's Pac Bell's lawyers, trying to protect their
trademark by using up all the pacbell.* names.  PacBell.edu and
PacBell.org aren't registered yet.  Get your PacBell domain name while
the getting's good!

Warning ... if you do this, and can't show a trademark interest in the
name, you could lose it to somebody with a lot of lawyers.  Guess who?
(Trademarks are normally limited to the specific line of business, but
the domain is "*.COM" or "*.CO.country", not "*.TELCO"---except in
Japan where Nihon Tel & Tel is unique in having the "NTT.JP" domain,
everybody else is company.CO.JP.  Ernestine must have trained at
NTT....  Anyway, the company with the first claim or bigger legal
budget gets the name.)

Maybe somebody (yo, Ellen & Gary!) should start up the (non-profit)
Pacific Coast Windchimes Interest Group.  PCWIG.ORG is pretty ugly,
and people might think you're a bunch of geeks with a hair fetish, so
there's no alternative but PacBell.ORG!!

None of them seem to be registered in Japan.  HurHurHur....  Maybe we
should make it international, the Pacific Rim Windchimes Interest
Group.  RimWIG.OR.JP doesn't bear thinking about---gotta be
PacBell.or.jp, don't you think?  Not sure about the rules here,
".OR.JP" seems to be equivalent to ".NET" in the US, maybe we'd even
have to be "PacBell.CO.JP" because we'd be incorporated!

--
                           Stephen John Turnbull
University of Tsukuba                                        Yaseppochi-Gumi