Re: QMAIL and a WARNING on Smail

>    Jim> I installed QMAIL on one of the machines in the office last
>    Jim> week.  It is a smallish replacement for Sendmail that has
>    Jim> some interesting features.
>[snip]
>    Jim> I found a copy in the ftp.redhat.com:/pub/contrib collection.
>
>Well, I didn't, and I went through all the reasonable places.  There
>was, however, no /pub/contrib/by-group/Mail directory, so that might
>explain it.

ftp.redhat.com keeps their 'locate' database well updated, so
'site exec locate qmail' tells me:

/ftp/pub/contrib/by-group/Utilities/System/qmail-0.90-1.i386.rpm
/ftp/pub/contrib/RPMS/qmail-0.90-1.i386.rpm
/ftp/pub/contrib/SRPMS/qmail-0.90-1.src.rpm

(strip off the /ftp to get the actual path to the file).

This is the version that I am currently running.

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo  7j1ajh@example.com  <URL:http://shrine.cyber.ad.jp/~jwt/>