Re: Kernel as Modules

    Jim> In fact, the latest Red Hat release
    Jim> (http://www.redhat.com/rembrandt/) takes this to its logical
    Jim> conclusion.  Everything is a module.  This (in theory) makes
    Jim> it easier for a newbie to get the device support he needs
    Jim> without having to recompile a kernel.

I was wondering how long it would take somebody to figure this out,
and do the work needed to make it fly.  You still have the boot device
in kernel, though, don't you?  Or does the kerneld make even this a
potential module?

--
                           Stephen John Turnbull
University of Tsukuba                                        Yaseppochi-Gumi