Re: java / linux

On Tue, 30 Jul 1996, Ted Matsumura wrote:

 >It took a lot of work to get the Japanese running, since there is no
 >Japanese font support in Java 1.1x yet.  Gary and Naomi aren't on this list,

Paul claims to have seen a Justsystems' Just Java Builder which supports
Japanese.  This would make sense since I read on the Oracle Net
Computer partners page that Justsystems is handling the double-byte
character support for the NC Software Suite.

========================

Questions:

Is the Java binary format applications any faster than typing:

	#  java  coolapp

at the command line?  Or, is it just the same same?  Are there
still memory leaks with Java applications or is it safe to write
programs that actually perform a necessary function?

Regards,
Craig

Craig Oda 	craig@example.com
TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System,
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
Main Reception: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096
Customer Service: 3351-5481   Corporate Sales/Support: 3351-8452