root window background

Hi all,

A while back we were talking about stupid tricks with the root window, and I
don't remember if this one got mentioned but.....

I was reading the Linux Gazette and came across:

>I thought I'd point out something in SunSite's Toys directory
>that's just too groovey to be overlooked: Xfishtank.
>
>It turns your root window into a fish tank and runs beautifully
>in the background while I'm doing other stuff on my poor-boy's
>486/33 with 8 megs of RAM, and it doesn't even complain about
>netscape eating up the color palette.

So I tried it...it's great;-) One note though. If Netscape is already
running then no problem when you fire xfishtank up, but if you start
xfishtank then try to start Netscape - forget it. (At least on my 486/66)

Regards

Jim S.

PS Hey, where's Steve T?