Java Audio Applet Support

A while ago we had a discussion about Java audio support under
Netscape.  I posted this to usenet, but never received an answer.
I spent a bit of time searching archived usenet and have found that
other people have the same problem.

However, I did find that the appletviewer included in the JDK plays
sound under Linux.  I just did a :

	appletviewer http://www.cs.indiana.edu/hyplan/
kinzler/fun/shr_sounds/index.html

and spent some time listening to schoolhouse rock.

Well, at least it works and saves me the hassle of having to boot under
Windows '95.  However, if there was some browser that allowed me to
both look at the HTML and listen to the sound applets, it would be
better.  What ever happened to Hot Java?

Regards,
Craig

* NEW SERVICE  TWICS Lite  20,000 yen per year flat rate Internet access *
* Unlimited time usage, all 28.8Kbps modems, unlimited POP e-mail        *
Craig Oda 	craig@example.com		http://www.twics.com
TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System,
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
Main Reception: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096
Customer Service: 3351-5481   Corporate Sales/Support: 3351-8452