Personal Digital Assistants

I found an interesting URL:

http://www.cim.pe.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~fujiwara/doc/zaurus/linux-j.html

that describes how to connect a Zaurus PDA to a Linux box.

I have been looking at a PDA for a while to replace my heavy
day planner.  For a long time I was looking at a small notebook
computer and running Linux on it.  However, the battery drain of
the hard drive makes this option unfeasible.  A better idea might
be to buy a Zaurus or a Psion palmtop computer. There is a lot of
hype about Zaurus in Japan and I guess it comes with easy access
to nifty.

I don't need the Japanese ability and I am not sure if the Japanese
Zaurus works well with English.  Actually, the ninshiki system for
Kanji doesn't register most non-Japanese people's nihongo unless
the person went through Japanese schooling.  I primarily need an
English palm top that has good battery life.  If I can connect it to
a Linux box easily it would be nice.  Does anyone have any
recommendations?

Regards,
Craig

* NEW SERVICE  TWICS Lite  20,000 yen per year flat rate Internet access *
* Unlimited time usage, all 28.8Kbps modems, unlimited POP e-mail        *
Craig Oda 	craig@example.com		http://www.twics.com
TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System,
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
Main Reception: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096
Customer Service: 3351-5481   Corporate Sales/Support: 3351-8452