Problems compiling Tkdesk

  A very nice-sounding file manager has just recently been announced
from Germany.  Check the website at:
	http://sun1.rrzn-user.uni-hannover.de/~zzhibol/tkdesk
  Although it will apparently run on other systems this has been
developed as a contribution to Linux.  It sounds like something we
could all use.

  The hitch is that it won't seem to compile on my system, and the
failure appears to due to the code itself in one of the modules (the
sort of problem you'd expect to have disappeared long before any
public release).  I get four or five screensful of error messages
that begin like this:

gcc -O2 -I/usr/include/tcl        -I/usr/include/tcl   \
    -I/usr/X11R6/include   -c tixImgXpm.c -o tixImgXpm.o
tixImgXpm.c:78: parse error before `Tk_ImageMaster'
tixImgXpm.c:78: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
tixImgXpm.c:82: parse error before `imageCmd'
tixImgXpm.c:82: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
tixImgXpm.c:107: parse error before `}'
tixImgXpm.c:107: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
tixImgXpm.c:131: parse error before `PixmapMaster'

  The 'make' then aborts without producing tixImgXpm.o file.
  I have reported this problem to the author of the program, but there
is no response so far, and no mention of this in the bug fix section
of the webpage.

  Has anyone else tried compiling this?  Or have any ideas?
It really does sound like a wonderful program (X-based point-and-click
file manager, infinitely customizable through Tk) and the problem is
so unexpected.  Am I just missing something obvious?

Dennis McMurchy,
Tojinmachi, Fukuoka