Re: Adaptec AHA-2940 and Linux

At 10:44 AM 5/29/96 -0900, you wrote:
>So Nori,
>what are you using these days???

Hazukashii na.  I was actually tied down, brainwashed, and given a Win95
machine and forced to love it.  It now keeps me entranced for hours and I am
happy.  And it only crashes when I over come my conditioning and try to do
something complicated... like running a few programs at the same time.  :)

Seriously tho.. my office needed to integrate data, and the easiest way was
to go Win95 for everyone.  There are a few die-hard Mac people, but most of
the office is now Win95.

Which is something that bothers me.  Is there an easy clean solution using
platforms of your choice?  Sure there is INTRANET and its web-based
"solutions", but with 99% of the office using Word, Access, Excel and
Powerpoint, what is a Linux user to do?  Since we did not have a lot of
resources to build an integrated system using various platforms, we went
with Win95 as it was pretty much plug and play and point and click and
everyone was networked, sharing files, printers, and schedules.

-- nori