Latest Advisory from CERT

2. Linux machines

We have seen an increase in break-ins and root compromises of Linux
machines. In some cases, the intruders are installing packet sniffers
on Linux machines. If you are use Linux on your machines,
we recommend that you keep up to date with patches and security
workarounds. We also recommend that you review

ftp://info.cert.org/pub/cert_advisories/CA-94:01.ongoing.network.monitoring.
attacks
ftp://info.cert.org/pub/cert_advisories/CA-94:01.README

The advisory describes sniffers and suggests approaches for
addressing the problem; the README file contains updated information.

We also recommend that you monitor the Linux newsgroups and mailing
lists for security patches and workarounds. Additionally, a World Wide
Web page that some sites reference is

http://bach.cis.temple.edu/linux/linux-security

Note that this reference should not be construed as a formal
endorsement of the page or its contents. We are simply including it in
this summary so that our readers are aware of its existence; you may
evaluate it as appropriate to your situation.

Contact Steve Casmar by E-Mail at:  scasmar@example.com (work)
          			    casmar@example.com (home)
	                                         Compuserve: 74014,431

My HOME PAGE is at: http://www.twics.com/~casmar/home.html

PGP Public Key available at: http://www.Four11.com or on my home
page or by sending E-Mail to public-key-server@example.com
 with "MGET casmar" as the subject. The key will then be mailed to you.

Fax (home) 81-423-65-0969	Snail Mail: AIO Residence 102
Phone (home) 81-423-62-1934	3-40-12 Momijigaoka
Cellular Phone  81-30-499-1525     Fuchu-shi, Tokyo 183   JAPAN
Fax (work) 81-422-34-5301
Phone (work) 81-422-34-5300 (ext. 493)
                          PGP Key ID: EFA263BD
Key Fingerprint: DE C6 02 F7 9E BE F7 BF DA D8 B0 CD FD 5E 2C 46