Re: Linux on Laptop

I finally got the damn thing up and running. I pulled the latest and greatest
pcmcia-cs software off the net. On another Linux box ( Compaq too, getting it
up was another epic ), booted up with the kernel I needed on the Laptop,
compiled the new pcmcia modules, tar-ziped it and sneaker netted it to the
laptop and BINGO !!.

You were right about the modules being linked directly into the kernel, that
was the problem.

 Linux and Compaq do not mix very well, unfortunately I am learning the hard
way.

Thanks for the help.

Mark

Mark A. D'Arcy
Electronic Data Systems, Ltd.
C/O General Motors Japan, Ltd.
Yebisu Garden Place Tower, 27th Floor
4-20-3 Ebisu, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150 JAPAN

Tel:  +81-3-5424-2833
Fax: +81-3-5425-2689

E-Mail: ovmail1.kz3g8p@example.com