Re: Debian 1.1

On Mon, 20 May 1996, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> Try building a new kernel.  If that doesn't work, try using Slackware
> or BOGUS binaries for the net stuff.  Or rebuild them.

Stephen, thanks.  I got it working now.  I'm still getting used to
Debian.  The installation script is quite different.

> Why Apache?  What's it got that recent NCSA and/or CERN HTTPd's don't?

Apache is now the most widely used server on net.  The features look
about the same, though it appears that there was an extra feature with
password security.  I can't remember right now.  The development approach
to Apache is more like Linux.  We run NCSA 1.5 on the HPs in the office
and I wanted to compare Apache to it since it was showing increased
popularity.

Actually, it is the development approach to Debian that appealed to me.
I'm hoping that good stuff will come out of this.

Regards,
Craig

*        See TWICS at LAN Expo '96 on May 29-31 at Sunshine City.      *
Access Beejima, Japan's Virtual Community: http://www.twics.com/beejima
Craig Oda 	craig@example.com		http://www.twics.com/~craig
TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System,
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
Main Reception: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096
Customer Service: 3351-5481   Corporate Sales/Support: 3351-8452
PGP Public-Key  http://www.twics.com/~craig/pgp
Key fingerprint =  12 40 82 A8 DF DD DD 30  BB 0E 26 22 E0 D8 F2 87