Re: I'm in!

Hi all,

The next time someone tells you that man pages don't load, ask them if they
installed groff. (I'm so embarassed.) xman now loads the pages fine - except
the pages I tried to load before now load as blank. Linux must have saved
them as formatted even though there was no data:-(

>PS.  Jim--you need to do something about the confuseguration of Pine
>on your machine if you're going to use it to send mail.  First, did
>you name your machine wormhole, or is it registered in the DNS at
>harenet?

I named my machine 'wormhole' because of the incredible amount of time and
energy it's been sucking up, and there's no telling where I'll be left when
I get "there"...

I have one more problem - after this I cross my heart that I'll give you
guys a break. I downloaded Netscape (lynx works fine but ... ) and I've got
another problem (I see you yawning) The first sign in xterm was

Error: Cannot perform malloc

Hmmm, there's 12 MBs RAM in wormhole, that should be enough. dig dig dig
through the file system until /usr/adm/messages - oh no...

----snip---
May 8 21:42:56 wormhole kernal: Warning - bdflush not running
May 8 21:42:56 wormhole kernel: mcdx: init() malloc failed
----snip---

Do I need yet another kernal or can I fix this?

Thanks, as usual.

---I've always depended on the kindness of strangers...
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a da*n---
Jim Schweizer                JPS Solutions
Consultant                Education Services
Kunitomi 988-18        Tel/Fax:81-(0)86-272-0019
Okayama, Japan 703   E-mail:schweiz@example.com
URL http://www.harenet.or.jp/personal/schweiz/homepage.htm