Re: X-Windows --XDM

    Leo> Hi All , I run X-Windows using the following startx -- -bpp
    Leo> 16

    Leo> My Question is how do I automatically switch to 16 bpp via
    Leo> Xdm automatically(instead of 8 bpp) ?

    Leo> thank in advance leo glynn@example.com

"man xdm" says

LOCAL SERVER SPECIFICATION
       The resource DisplayManager.servers gives a server  speci-
       fication	 or,  if  the values starts with a slash (/), the
       name of a file containing server specifications,	 one  per
       line.

       Each  specification  indicates a display which should con-
       stantly be managed and which is	not  using  XDMCP.   This
       method  is  used typically for local servers only.  If the
       resource or the file named by the resource is  empty,  xdm
       will offer XDMCP service only.

       Each  specification  consists  of at least three parts:	a
       display name, a display class, a display	 type,	and  (for
       local servers) a command line to start the server.  A typ-
       ical entry for local display number 0 would be:

	 :0 Digital-QV local /usr/X11R6/bin/X :0

I would imagine you can append -bpp 16 to that line.

--
                           Stephen John Turnbull
University of Tsukuba                                        Yaseppochi-Gumi