Video Cards for Linux [was OS Humor]

Hi,

First thanks to Mr. IKEDA, Mr. Hiroo, and Mr. Turnbull for answering my
questions. Mr. Turnbull, your message was, as usual, *very* funny and
informative. :)

Anyway, in the last message Mr. Turnbull said the Diamond Speedstar
series are risky. That means should I get one from ATI? The reason why
I'm asking this is my P-100 uses the ATI 64-bit 2M DRAM video card, and
would like to try a different video card for my old-faithful 486. By the
way, I was going to get a P-75, but Mr. Mastumu's strong persuasive
messages, I got a P-100! :)

Anyway, if anyone could recommend some alternative video cards for Linux,
I'd greatly appreciate your help!

Sincerely,

Kise