Re: fatal server error (was: Kernal Panic)

Jim Schweizer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Well, my saga continues....actually, I've learned more about Linux in the
> last 48 hours than I knew before this started.
>
> Xwindows can't open the mouse. I've tried all the "seemingly" possible
> options in xf86config so I guess I screwed up the mouse installation when I
> installed Linux.
>
> Any suggestions on what to try now?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim

Jim , you need to reconfigure the system. Give /sbin/setup like
superuser go to the configure options. Be sure to set the proper mouse
 device, in you're case I think is PS/2, check your manuals, go to the
/usr/X11/lib/X11 directory edit the XF86Config file and set the mouse to
point to the right device driver.

cheers,
Hector Bastidas