Re: New TLUG Web-Administrator

Hi all,

Since Craig has allowed me the honor of being the new TLUG web master I
thought you might want to know who I am - since I've been mostly a silent
lurker on the list.

I won't bore you with too many personal details like I was born in St.
Louis, majored in Economics and Russian Studies in College, came to Japan
the first time in 1984, taught English at AMVIC (now AEON) for two years,
went back to the States to work in banking and real estate, and returned to
Japan in 1991. Family info you can grab off my home page.

Currently, I'm a part-time lecturer at several universities and have a small
consultancy that helps language schools integrate the Internet into their
ESL/EFL programs. I'm the founder of the Okayama Computer Club and maintain
a family web site (for my relatives in the States and friends around the
world) and the Computer Club's Home Page.

I joined the TLUG to explore how UNIX servers handle Internet connections,
and I've stayed with it because this is one of the finest groups of people
I've ever encountered.

Since I'm not a programmer and my knowledge of Linux is still limited I'm
depending on you to help me make the TLUG Home Page truely special. Please
help me with any cool CGI or Java stuff you've written or found and don't be
afraid to criticize wherever appropriate. (Sorry Steve, I'm gonna use
Netscape 2.0 extensions since it supports Java and animated GIF 89a;-)

If all goes well we should have the new page up and running on TWICS next
week. In the mean time you can preview it at:

http://www.harenet.or.jp/personal/schweiz/tlug1.htm

Thanks for this great opportunity to give something back to the group!

cu

Jim Schweizer                JPS Solutions
Consultant                Education Services
Kunitomi 988-18        Tel/Fax:81-(0)86-272-0019
Okayama, Japan 703   E-mail:schweiz@example.com
URL http://www.harenet.or.jp/personal/schweiz/homepage.htm