dviprt, GhostScript to print Japanese on a standard U.S. HP LaserJet

I am running a Linux+JE machine at home here in Vienna. Mule, JLaTeX,
dviprt etc work fine, but of course the public-domain fonts included
with JE are not very satisfying. I have a HP 5L (600dpi, HP PCL5)
printer and J-Windows 3.11 and as well as JWindows95. I heard it is
possible to convert the ttf fonts that come with JWindows to be usable
with JLaTeX and/or Ghostscript on Linux. Could you just give me a small
hint on which software I should use to convert the fonts? Any helping
hint would be greatly appreciated.

PS: where can I find the archives for this mailing-list? I tried
http://metanoia.cyber.ad.jp/cgi-bin/tlug/tlug-bbs.pl but they are
unreachable for some days already; besides, only very few messages
seemed to lay there the last time I checked, which made me think that
the tlug mailing list is inactive. After subscribing yesterday, I found
out of course that this is not true, yokatta na!

Thanks a lot! Best Regards,

Wolfi
--
Wolfgang SLANY                          wsi@example.com
Technical University of Vienna E184/2   TEL: +43-1-58801-6123