Re: [berman@example.com: LINUX on Alpha info]

At 23:29 96/03/24 JST, you wrote:
>Well?  What do you think?

If someone gives me an Alpha machine I will be willing to test and review
the system :-).

>enterprise environment.  Digital makes the Alpha processor which is the
>world's fastest single-chip microprocessor and which currently supports three
>64-bit operating systems (Digital UNIX, OpenVMS and Linux) as well as Windows
>NT.

I wonder if the same system would give better performance under Linux
(64bit) or Windows NT (32 bit)?
Does 64 bit only give an advantage in certain types of applications, or does
it do everything more quickly? Does a program just need to be recompiled, or
would it need some rewriting?