Re: long quotes

On Tue, 19 Mar 1996, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> Question:  if you use a Japanese keyboard layout, how do you get '~'
> (ascii 0176 octal)?  Lots of my non-computer-literate friends complain
> about "http://host.com/~user" URLs....

If like me you are using a Japanese keyboard and type in the English
keyboard style using wetware, the Kanji Hankaku /Zenkaku key produces
the tilde that is necessary for many URLs.  Of course, I have a feeling
that I am misunderstanding your question...  just thought I'd mention
this anyway.

> Best solution would be to have Majordomo reject such posts.  You run a
> Majordomo list, don't you, Alberto?  Check and see if you could advise
> Craig on how to work that up.

Personally, I am against rejecting any post unless it is a big problem.
However, as always, majority rules.  If the majority wants to put
special functions on the list, I'll look into it if time permits.

Regards,
Craig

Craig Oda 	craig@example.com		http://www2.twics.com/~craig
TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System,
over a decade of fostering virtual communities in Japan.
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
   Phone: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096