geo_comp_addr

Hi,
I can now use the CDROM.  I've run e2fsck on the filesystem and my
hard disk is still fried.

I keep getting this error from lilo:

geo_comp_addr: Cylinder number is too big (1026 > 1023)

I have this in the lilo docs:

   geo_comp_addr: Cylinder number is too big (<number> > 1023)
     Blocks of a file are located beyond the 1024th cylinder of a hard
    disk. LILO can't access such files, because the BIOS limits cylinder
    numbers to the range 0...1023. Try moving the file to a different
    place, preferably a partition that is entirely within the first 1024
    cylinders of the disk.

Okay, so it looks like I have some stray files, how do I delete the
sucker?????

I am really hoping that I do not have to reformat my disk.  I would
be pretty sad...  :-(     Yes Ted, no SCSI means no access to the
tape drive...   :-(   Hey, any excess stock???  I have PCI and I'll
test some Adaptec SCSI cards for a long period at no charge!

Anyway, back to my poor hard disk, how do I move the file?

Regards,
Craig

Craig Oda 	craig@example.com		http://www2.twics.com/~craig
TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System,
over a decade of fostering virtual communities in Japan.
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
   Phone: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096