:0 f
* From:.*asia\.adaptec\.com
* ??BHeader: Adaptec
| egrep -v '^(Form:|Header:|Text:)'

# ;-) ;-)  Doesn't do anything for Ted's mail, but screens out some other
# nuisances!
:0
* From:.*turnbull
| cat >/dev/null

If you run your own mailer and don't use procmail, why not?  It is really
convenient for sorting mail from lists.

Note that the standard Linux installation puts procmail in
/usr/local/bin, and if your mail transport agent is smail, you to put
"| /usr/local/bin/procmail" in your .forward, or smail won't find it
(smail truncates $PATH to "/bin:/usr/bin" for security reasons).

ciao.

--
                            Stephen J. Turnbull
Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences                    Yaseppochi-Gumi

On 14 Mar 1996 TMatsumu@example.com wrote:

> Form: Reply
> Header: Adaptec
> Text: (37 lines follow)
> below is book review from the mbone list.  I'm considering buying from
[snip, snip, snip]