Re: Compatibility

>When I boot my Linux system, and type fdisk, it says "Hmmm... this
>disk is over the 1024 cylinder limit, you could have problems."

I believe this is historical at this point.  Support for big drives
came with the new IDE code in 1.1.95.  fdisk 1.1R (and newer, and
I think all versions of cfdisk) have adopted the OS/2 method of
encoding the partition table for cylinders that have more than
10 bits in them.  Recent versions of fdisk and cfdisk no longer warn,
and the supporting cast of utilities that talk directly to the disk
structure has long since been updated.

(I just recently installed on a 1.6 GB (3148 cylinder) drive. <Y31,000
in Akihabara.  Sure fills up quickly.  :-)