OS Imperialism

Hi all,

All this talk of OS imperialism reminded me that I got this in the mail
yesterday:

---snip

>Linux booth? Linux is for the child...
>
>All of my associates agree that if you have to use unix, a version of BSD is
>the way to go.  Besides, unix is becoming less and less popular (with NT
>gaining in strength), at least with BSD you won't face any of the "linux"
>type of problems.

---snip

Well excuuuuse me. Personnally, I've found that taking something apart then
putting it back together a few times is the best way to learn something.
(Yeah, I always have a few screws left over - I wonder where *that* one
went:-) In addition, I doubt BSD fosters the sence of community I've found
with linux people.

Anyone have any statistical or emperical ammunition for my reply?

Jim Schweizer                JPS Solutions
Consultant                Education Services
Kunitomi 988-18        Tel/Fax:81-(0)86-272-0019
Okayama, Japan 703   E-mail:schweiz@example.com
URL http://www.harenet.or.jp/personal/schweiz/homepage.htm