Re: Java Resources

Makes sense that the 1.0 Linux JDK would come out this weekend
since I just downloaded the previous beta.  You're welcome for
my hastening the release.

>TLUG meeting.  Well, IMHO Java looks like the best.  TkPerl
>does not look like it is catching on.  Tcl/Tk is not fun
>to play with once the program gets too long.  Anyway, none
>of them are really platform independent in the way that
>java appears to be.  In a word, "cool!"

There is a "distributed safe Perl" effort that is going on called
Penguin, but it sounds like howling at the wind to me.
http://mox.perl.com/

>I don't know about all this talk about Internet terminals,
>but IMHO people will want more speed.  The java apps are
>taking forever to compile on my current box.

In Oracle's view, the great unwashed masses will just consume the
wonderful apps they rent from Oracle.  They won't need to worry
about compiling them.

--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo  7j1ajh@example.com  <URL:http://shrine.cyber.ad.jp/~jwt/>