RE: Java Resources

Java Development Kit for Linux version 1.0 is out.  See java.blackdown.org
for more info.  There is both statically and dynamically linked motif
binaries.  linux.jdk-1.0-try1.common.tar.gz linux.jdk-1.0-try3.static-motif.tar.gz

I've got it working fine with both applets and applications.  Env is
set as follows:
	LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/java/lib
	CLASSPATH=/usr/local/java/classes:.
	PATH=/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/home/craig/linuxdoc-sgml
-1.1/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/lib/netpbm/bin:/usr/local/java/bin/i486
	JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/java
	J_HOME=/usr/local/java

Be careful with the classpath.  It appears that Netscape crashes when
it reads in applets when the CLASSPATH is set.  This apppears to
interfere with the Netscape classes in /usr/local/netscape/java/classes

The HowTo indicated that the PATH variable should include
	/usr/local/java/bin
However, I couldn't get it to work unless the PATH was /usr/local/java/bin/i486
 (I have a 486).

Does the Borland debugger for Java under '95 use Borland C++?   I
saw something about an integrated environment from Symantec but it
required that Symantec C++ be installed.

Regards,
Craig