Re: compiling PPP module with kernel 1.3.59

In article <Pine.HPP.3.91.960130202514.17723A-100000@example.com>,
Craig Oda <craig@example.com> wrote:
>Say, if JWT wants to post his FAX ^H^H^H  TLUG BBS number I'll be
>more than happy to beta test the BBS and take a look at header
>files on his machine where he successfully compiled the kernel with
>PPP support.

(0422) 47-9398   login: guest   puts you in a restricted version of Lynx.
I've been requiring people to use the menu there (or real Email) to send
me preferred username/initial password pairs for more complete access.

A couple of "buts":
1) It is a 1.2.13 machine with the old PPP.  I'll have to tell you how
to telnet to its neighbor for the 1.3.59/pppd.2.2+ stuff.  Or perhaps I
can just NFS mount it somewhere for you.

2) I'm not clear on what such a disconnected machine can do for the group...
since if you're within sight of my words you presumably have real net access..
but you're welcome to use it.

Jim
--
Jim Tittsler, Tokyo  7j1ajh@example.com  <URL:http://shrine.cyber.ad.jp/~jwt/>