Re: PPP modules with 1.3.59

In article <Pine.HPP.3.91.960128110239.24731A-100000@example.com>,
Craig Oda <craig@example.com> wrote:

>                 from /usr/include/netinet/ip_tcp.h:1,
>                 from /usr/include/netinet/tcp.h:1,
>                 from ppp.c:105:
>/usr/include/netinet/ip_tcp.h:1: macro or `#include' recursion too deep
>In file included from ppp.c:107:

I had this problem once upon a time.  I just hacked out the offending
#include.

I think the problem will go away if you install the pppd-2.2+ (which
you will need to do with 1.3.45+ anyway).  Get the latest from
/linux/system/Network/Serial.  Follow the steps in README.linux
(one of which you can skip... the one about making sure the Makefile
matches the given pattern... it does nowadays).  One of the steps
will cause the makefile to install/move include files.  Then:
  a) rebuild kernel (and modules if using those)
  b) build/install the new pppd
Life will be good.

Jim