Re: tlug-digest V1 #105

On 8 Jan 1996 TMatsumu@example.com wrote:

> re: win95 ip problem:
>
> After logging on to your system, run WINIPCFG.EXE.  It should be located in
> your windows directory.

Ted,
thanks for the hint on this one.  I managed to fix the problem.
In the DNS configuration, it asked for hostname.  The first time
I saw it I thought it meant the DNS host.  It actually meant the
hostname of the Windows '95 machine.  I have found that
Windows '95 supports arp, netstat, nbtstat, tracert, route, ping,
and a few other goodies.  Not bad for an OS I still don't like much. ;-)

Linux rules, but thanks for helping me get Win '95 up anyway.

Regards,
Craig

Craig Oda 	craig@example.com		http://www2.twics.com/~craig
TWICS - Japan's First Public-Access Internet System,
over a decade of fostering virtual communities in Japan.
   TWICS - IEC Building, 1-21 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160 JAPAN
   Phone: 03-3351-5977	Fax: +81-3-3353-6096