Re: tlug-digest V1 #105

re: win95 ip problem:

After logging on to your system, run WINIPCFG.EXE.  It should be located in
your windows directory.

*****
Ted Matsumura, Adaptec Japan Ltd.
ATM Program Manager, InterNetworking Technology (INTO)
phone: 03-5276-8433, Fax (03) 5276-9364
email: tmatsumu@example.com
http://www.rahul.net/tedm
*****
-------------
Original Text
>From owner-tlug@example.com, on 1/6/96 4:21 PM:
 > >From owner-tlug@example.com, on 1/4/96 7:18 PM:
 >
 > Somehow this turned into a Windows '95 discussion thread.  But
 > since both Ted and Jim are into Windows '95 now, thought I would
 > ask a Win '95 question.  (I'm back on Linux now...)
 > Whenever I access beehive.twics.com (HP 9000 server)
 > from my Windows '95
 > setup it now corresponds to 192.135.222.23 which is the wrong machine
that
 > is the IP of the Windows '95 machine.  It
 > just started to flake out during the middle of a Netscape session.  No
 > matter how many times I reboot the sucker it still thinks that
 > its name is beehive.twics.com

 > DNS, gateway, and individual IP are all set correctly.  Every other
 > machine on the net agrees with me  that beehive.twics.com corresponds to
 > 192.135.222.9
 >
 > I figure that the ARP table of Win '95 got messed up somehow and all
 > I need to do is clear it or wait for 15 minutes or something.
 > How do I force a clear to the Win '95 equivalent of an ARP
 > table?

Did you set up a HOSTS file in your Win95 machine? If not, try writing
both machines IP addresses and hostnames in a ASCII file (just line the
/etc/hosts of a Unix machine), save it as HOSTS and put in your Windows
directory.

-tomita.

-
 Alberto Tomita Junior     URL=http://www.ishiilab.dnj.ynu.ac.jp/~Alberto

 YOKOHAMA NATIONAL UNIVERSITY             tel: +81-45-335-1451  ext. 2906
 Div. of Electrical & Computer Eng.       fax: +81-45-338-1157
 156 Tokiwadai, Hodogaya-ku
 Yokohama 240 JAPAN                      home: +81-45-743-3680 (tel & fax)

 INTERNET: alberto@example.com             COMPUSERVE: 70410,67